.

.

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Amitabh Bachchan tweets about being chased by a tiger for four kms



Amitabh Bachchan kickstarted his tenure with a jungle safari in Sanjay Gandhi National Park accompanied by ministers and politicians. (Source: Varinder Chawla)
It was quite an enterprising day for Amitabh Bachchan, as he made his first public appearance in his capacity as Maharashtra’s brand ambassador for Tigers, batting for the preservation of the endangered species.
Amitabh Bachchan kickstarted his tenure with a jungle safari in Sanjay Gandhi National Park accompanied by ministers and politicians. The safari was a successful one as not only did the team spot tigers, one of them even followed the safari bus for a good four kilometres. Post his hour long safari, Big B addressed a large audience and appealed to one and all to save the rapidly dwindling population of tigers.
“I will consider myself worthy as a brand ambassador when tiger preservation and securing their safety becomes successful. If my voice or face can provide anything good to this initiative, I will pledge myself. I have been in Mumbai for 65 years. But the safari showed me images that I have never seen before. And these are the things that makes me work for it. What makes me proud is that in the middle of the city, there is a national park which is a miracle and we have to save it,” said Amitabh Bachchan.

No comments:

Post a Comment